Please note that all information is subject to change based on guidance from DC Health. We will continue to modify our program for the summer of 2022 as needed and will post updates to this page, including any updates pertaining to evolving public health guidance. We appreciate your partnership and understanding!
Safety is one of the core values of Summer Horizons Camp at NPS, and we are working diligently to provide a safe in-person camp experience this summer. In addition to some program alterations, we will be utilizing risk mitigation measures to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 at camp, including:
- COVID-19 Vaccine. All age-eligible participants and staff must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Masks. DC Health Guidance lifted the indoor mask requirements for schools and child care centers in March. At this time, Summer Horizons Camp at NPS plans to follow a mask-optional policy this summer both indoors and outdoors while reserving the right to adjust this policy according to new guidance from DC Health or changing health conditions in the community.
- Reporting Illness. If a camper is experiencing symptoms of illness or has been exposed to any communicable illness, they are required to stay home. We will notify any families if their child has been exposed to COVID-19 on campus.
- Cleaning. We will conduct a nightly cleaning of high traffic areas and touch surfaces. All areas are equipped with cleaning supplies and staff is trained on how to properly disinfect classrooms.
- Hand Washing & Respiratory Etiquette. Students and staff are required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer throughout the day including when they are transitioning between spaces, eating or drinking, using the restroom, and any other time deemed necessary.
- Visitor Restrictions. During camp, only essential visitors are allowed inside the building, in addition to campers and staff. Essential services include substitute teachers/counselors, approved program vendors, and maintenance workers. We will continue to assess visitor access to the building as the summer approaches.
- Ventilation & Facilities Upgrades. The highest commercial grade air filters are installed throughout the HVAC system, and ceiling diffusers are located in the hallways and classrooms to maximize exhaust. There are also portable HyperHEPA air purifiers in every classroom. Classroom windows and doors will be open when possible and we will make use of outdoor spaces for lunch, snack, recess, and other activities.
NPS School Nurse Christina Goelzer will be serving as our Camp Nurse this summer. She may be reached at .
Please visit this link to view the complete Summer Horizons Camp Illness and COVID Policies for 2022.