On Friday, March 1, 2019, NPS hosted a STEAM Day. Students in all grades participated in a wide range of activities covering the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics. The whole day had a carnival theme!
- Building Challenges
- Obstacle Course
- A Flea Circus built by the 2nd Graders and performed by Mr. Cekuta and Mr. Frye
- Light & Color Mixing
- Music & Sound
- Catapults & Magnets
- Bubble Fun
- Air & Wind Exploration
- Robotics Demonstration and Challenges
- Team Building
- Flotation Challenge
- Cardboard Arcade built by 4th Grade in the Makerspace
- Marble Run Building Challenge (5th Grade)
- Catapult Building Challenge (6th Grade)
Thank you to Team STEAM, lead by Lower Divsion Art Teacher Kate Baschuk and 3rd Grade Teacher Justine Mittelman, for putting together a wonderful day of exploration in which every student could participate.
Here are a few glimpses of our day. Stay tuned at the end to see the full size catapult built by Mr. Nolan and Mr. Purkiss in action! Many more photos are available on Vidigami for parents.