Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. The NPS Parents Association provides many opportunities for parents to directly engage in strengthening our rich NPS community of parents, teachers, and students.
The PA gathers parent volunteers together to produce exciting events including Fall Festival, Hot Lunch Hoopla, and Breakfast with Santa.
The PA also coordinates Room Parents for each class and sponsors the annual Class Parent Parties, Year-end Class Parties, Teacher Appreciation Lunches, and the Faculty Gift Fund.
Volunteering your time and talent is not only fun and helpful for the school, but it is also a great way to teach your children about the importance of giving back to their community.
Come, get involved, make new friends, strengthen our community!
Brooke Thomas, President, NPS Parents Association
All PA meetings are open to the entire school community and parents are encouraged to attend and participate. PA Meetings are held on one Friday per month in the Multipurpose Room from 8:30 - 9:30 am.
- I made purchases as a room parent. How do I submit for reimbursement?
- One of the event vendors has asked for a deposit. Can I request a check to give to this vendor?
- I completed a reimbursement form. How do I submit it?
- As a room parent, I would like to personally cover a portion of a faculty/staff lunch costs (as an example). What is the process to do so?
- Where can I find a copy of the reimbursement forms?
- I can’t figure out which account to use for reimbursement. What should I do?
- I plan to purchase juice for a class party while I’m out running errands. Can I just highlight the NPS purchases on the receipt before submitting for reimbursement?
- I need to request a check to give to a vendor by a specified date. What is the schedule for check runs?
- I purchased items for NPS but forgot to use the tax exempt certificate. Can I still get a full reimbursement, tax included?
- I need to make a large purchase. Is there a list of NPS preferred vendors?
Complete a Parents Association Check Request and Reimbursement Form and attach paper copies of original, itemized receipts.
Purchase NPS items on one ticket, separate from other purchases. Have the merchant/vendor include the tip, if given.
Credit card records showing only the total paid is not sufficient for reimbursement, nor are scanned/electronic copies of receipts.
All check and reimbursement requests are due In the PA Mailbox by 9 am on Tuesdays, for review and submission to the Finance Office later that day. Checks runs are usually done on Wednesdays with disbursement (or mailed to the requester) on Thursdays. It is best to contact the PA Treasurer directly for any urgent requests.