NPS teachers are dedicated life-long learners.
In order to provide all NPS students with an engaging academic program in a loving environment, faculty and staff participate in year-round professional development and integrate knowledge of effective, research-based pedagogy into their teaching. This ongoing commitment to life-long learning fuels faculty interactions with their students, with one another, and with colleagues at peer schools. Thanks to generous support from the School, NPS teachers strive equally to improve what they teach and how they teach it. This culture of constant curricular improvement puts NPS at the forefront of attracting and retaining exceptional teachers.
NPS faculty excel at:
- Understanding and articulating the developmental stages and needs of young children
- Demonstrating compassion and recognizing that social, emotional, and physical well-being are essential to both academic progress and healthy development
- Cultivating character and ethical development in all NPS students
- Striving to meet the needs of different types of learners
- Inspiring students to develop a passion for learning by teaching with an open mindset, enthusiasm, flexibility, humor, and a wealth of background knowledge
- Communicating effectively with families in support of the crucial partnership between parents and the School